Labels

Friday, April 4, 2014

From a Mother's Heart


As the mother of boys I have tried very very hard to teach them to be respectful of women. Their father also has taught by example! I teach them to NEVER EVER degrade women, especially the ones you love. It is ugly and hurtful. Women are not stupid, ignorant, whatevers. I teach them that ladies are first...to open doors for them...to help carry their things...etc.  After all whether today's women like it or not we ARE the weaker vessel.  I think too many times we try to be the stronger vessel and that has gotten us in trouble.  I also do not allow them to say anything about "women drivers".




I also on the other hand, do not degrade men, and especially not my husband. I NEED him, I LOVE him and have absolutely no desire to tear him down.

That being said, it is very disturbing to read/hear people degrading the opposite sex. We DO need them. God created them, He created it to work that way. Men are different from women, they are suppose to be!  That does not make men weak.

It is very heartbreaking when one of your boys, that is endeavoring to live right, has a desire to be a Godly man/husband/etc. looks at you and says, "momma, are there really any good girls out there?"  And this is said after a girl blatantly put men down on a facebook post.  Girls you so need to be careful what you say!  It REALLY does matter!  You want to be treated like the Princess, or the Queen, you have to treat him like the King!

Now, this momma has a hurting, disappointed heart to tend to.  I don't want that heart to become hard, and build a resistance to love.  Love is beautiful, if done right!  And it is not done right if it is tearing each other down!

All part of the life we are,
 

No comments:

Post a Comment