Labels

Saturday, November 8, 2014

Closer

I woke up this morning with this song running through my head
 
When I grow weary with the toils of the day
Oft in the secret I knees and pray
there I can hear my Lord Sweetly say
Come Closer my child to me.
 
Closer my child to me
Closer my child to me
Closer my child to me
Come closer
Come closer
Closer my child to me.
 
Then during my devotional this morning my Streams in the Dessert devotional book (which I absolutely love btw) the title of todays read was:  "Come Close to Him".
 
You see last night I became engaged in a conversation that I feel very passionate about, but have come to realize that who it was being discussed with is not appropriate...they can do nothing about it.  I keep telling myself it is not going to happen again, but then I find myself in the middle of it, then I feel bad by the time it is over.  Leaving that place last night and feeling like I had taken a beating, I once again determined that the only thing I can do about this really is just pray and leave it in God's hands.  Why do we think he will not take care of these things that are important to us.  Yes the other party agrees with me and we just get in a passionate conversation about it, when really we should be praying.
 
I begged God to please forgive me and PLEASE help me.  Off and on all night...everytime I would wake up...I would pray about this situation.  Then being the faithful God that he is, I woke with this song running through my mind, and reading this devotion.  I can't say it will never be discussed again...because it very well may come to the place that it has to be discussed with the PROPER "authorities", but by the help of God I do not plan to put myself in that situation again!  I do not like feeling like I have let God down...or myself! 
 
This is life...
this is learning...
and we are still,
 


No comments:

Post a Comment