Labels

Friday, January 30, 2015

Weigh In

Birthday week...need I say more?  LOL

Although, I did try something new this week.

I have had a bag of Quinoa in the cabinet for a very long time while...I have been scared to try it.  Never had it...never cooked it...I was scared of it!

Well...we were out of rice...and I NEEDED to make something to go with our stir fry.  SOOOO...I fixed it!  AND....

We liked it!  The 2 younger boys aren't sold (Pilot is a die hard rice lover) but the rest of us actually liked it!  YAY!  Another non-potato option!

I also tried this recipe for Italian Turkey Burger Soup.  Just use coconut oil in place of the olive oil.  Definitely works for THM!  And it was super yummy!  We LOVED it!
 
In other news:
 
The flu bug has been visiting our house this week.  Hopefully it is on it's way out the door!
 
Pilot has finished Driver's Ed, and got a 94% on his written test.  Now for the driving part...and to finish getting his hours in.  Hopefully we can get his license before his birthday!  He also has to take the ACT test next week...ugh.
 
We are still plugging along with school. 
 
Firefighter is doing good with classes, and work.
 
LegoMan is still LegoMan...LOL.
 
I am still working on trying to catching up scrapbooks.  I am up to 2007!  Only 7 years behind!  But I seem to be missing some pictures...Trying to find them!
 
As always, we are still,


No comments:

Post a Comment