Labels

Tuesday, October 29, 2013

Kegley Review

We tried some new Pinterest recipes this past week...and I have a "project" to review. 

First the recipes:


1.  Mexican Stuffed Shells = uhmmmm they were ok, but I make too many other Mexican dishes that make this one so not worth it...final vote...NO.

2.  oven-roasted-sausages-potatoes-and-peppers = AWESOME!  This one was a hit!  (Except for one who doesn't like that kind of sausage...only b/c it kind of makes him sick)  But this was GOOD!  TIP:  Cut potatoes small...or they will take too long to bake...LOL :)

3.  spinach-and-cheese-lasagna-rolls = These were really good.  David and I liked them.  I think the boys thought I was looking for a different lasagna and they was worried that I wouldn't make "my" lasagna...and of course they claim they didn't like them...but I think it was just b/c they knew what the "green stuff" was. ;)  I will be making these again.

4.  slow-cooker-cheesy-chicken-and-rice = OH MY GOODNESS!!!  I absolutely LOVED this!  Will definitely make again.  Loved the yellow rice!  Some of my family liked the one from last week better, but I will keep both!  TIP:  For Sunday Dinner, go ahead and precook rice day before, then just heat it up before you add it to the chicken mix.  Of course I used my Kitchen aid to shred the chicken.

Now for the Project:


I took this ladies idea and modified my own.  I am an organize freak, and sometimes my "to do lists" are in more than one place.  I love how it is all right here.  All I have to do is grab my binder and here we go.

Chalk label on outside, to highlight the months "important dates". 




Pocket on inside for "supplies" and post it notes for well...notes.


Month at a glance...all appts...etc.


 
Back cover...;)

 
I have a "master" to do list in the front, and I have a "weekly" calendar after each Monthly calendar for the daily to do lists.  Items from the master list get added to the daily list as we accomplish things.  I am loving this so far.  I have tweaked some of it to accommodate my, my personality, and our needs.  :)  I even have a tab for "blog notes/ideas" ;)
 
There is my update for this week. Hope you enjoy this. :)
 
We are still,
 


No comments:

Post a Comment