Labels

Tuesday, October 22, 2013

Pinterest Review

I think, Tuesdays are going to be a Pinterest review day.  I will try to review any projects and/or recipes that I tried the previous week from Pinterest. 

Today I have a couple of recipes to review.  I do have a Kegley Recipe Review Board.  Now keep in mind when we try a new recipe at our house everyone gets to vote.  In the case that it's close dad's vote counts twice. 


First Recipe:  Breakfast Enchiladas

Vote:  They were "ok"...kind of bland.  I would not make them again...but IF I did I would definitely doctor them up...they "need" something.

Second Recipe:  Cheesy Enchilada Casserole

Vote:  Again...kind of bland...(apparently a lot of people don't cook with a lot of spices...)  Could be dr'd up, but we decided it wasn't worth it.  So again...the vote is "no"

Third Recipe:  (and no, I did not do all these last week, but just giving you several we have tried in the last several weeks.)  Veggie Spiral

Vote:  LOVE LOVE LOVE!!!!!  This recipe got moved to my Cookbook/tried and keeping board

Fourth Recipe:  Roasted Asparagus

Vote:  We absolutely love this asparagus...now mind you...we do not put the sugar on it.  We tried it that way the first time, but we did not care for it that way.  But Roasted Asparagus has become one of our (David and Mine's anyway...lol...) favorite veggies.  The boys are still kind of scared of "that green stuff".  so the vote was "YES"

Fifth Recipe:  Smores Dip

Vote:  A-W-E-S-O-M-E!!!  Need I say more?

Sixth Recipe:  Crock pot Bacon Cheeseburger Soup

Vote:  This was really good. My family thinks it would be super good with smoked cheddar in it...Will definitely do again!

Seventh Recipe:  Crock pot Cheesy Chicken Spaghetti

Vote:  NASTY!!!  And we are not a picky bunch!  We ended up pulling leftovers out...we just couldn't do this one!

Eighth Recipe:  Baked Apples

Vote:  Did not make the house smell...and they really were kind of bland...needed more brown sugar and cinnamon at least...or melt red hot candies...that would be good! I'll stick with apple dumplings. :)

Ninth Recipe:  Panera Bread Broccoli Cheese Soup

Vote:  Naaaaa...did not taste like Panera's at all!

Tenth Recipe:  Cheesy Potato Soup

Vote:  Once again, we like my loaded potato soup better...I feel like I keep leaving "negative" comments, guess I should fix something that I don't make similar LOL It wasn't gross though. :)

Eleventh Recipe:  Creamy Chicken and Broccoli over Rice

Vote:  HIT!  This stuff is AMAZING!  YUMMY!  :)  I also use This amazing Kitchen Aid tip for shredding chicken...someone was a genius to come up with that tip!  One of my favorite Kitchen tips of all!

Twelfth Recipe:  Last but not least  Avocado Fries

Vote:  These were really good...at least I liked them! :) I kind of liked dippig them in ranch better, but the sauce was still good.

Final tally...6-NO'S  and 4-YES'S...not too bad I guess!  I think that pretty much catches you up on the recipes I've tried anyway.  I guess my "couple" turned in to about a dozen.  LOL  Hope you all enjoy!  Thanks for stopping by!

Still,










No comments:

Post a Comment