Labels

Friday, January 23, 2015

Weigh In

So some have asked if I am still doing THM.  Yes, I am.  "Life" keeps happening and I'm still not back on plan like I wanted to be by this point, but I am getting there.  I am stuck at my holiday gain...but at least it's staying there and not going up.  I have done better the last couple days.  I was doing good...then we had to travel out of state (drove 27 hours in 3 days!!!) for a funeral.  This weekend is my birthday weekend, so yes I'm going to be bad.  I LOVE LOVE LOVE Coldstone ice cream cakes...I had originally told my hubby to not get me a cake this year.  Maybe just a piece of cheesecake from Cheesecake factory or something.  OH, but the total look of disappointment on his face!  I said "Ok, but just a small one though.  I don't want it left here for me to eat on for a week!"  He agreed.  I will see how big it is...I may have to invite friends over to help eat it.
Any who...I did try something kind of "new".  You know I have been substituting Cauliflower for potatoes.  Well I made "potato" soup...only it was cauliflower soup.  It was YUMMY!  And I made a BIG pot of it so I could eat it for lunch.  Lunch is my hardest meal of the day.  Mainly because I don't want to stop and take the time to cook/prepare something.  It's easier for me to make a big batch of "something" either for dinner at the beginning of the week or just for lunch and then eat it all week. 

The other thing that is so hard for me is when everyone else is snacking in the evening.  It's cold outside so we sit here and read or play games or whatever, and everyone wants to snack.  I try to snack on nuts or something, but sometimes I just WANT what they are eating.  I'm working on that as well!

In OTHER news:

Pilot has been taking drivers ed this week and takes it next week as well.  The poor boy.  He really needed to take it a year ago, but since his dad was out of a job at that time we are just now where we felt like we could work it in the budget.  He has never once complained about it though, bless his heart.  He's just been so sweet about it.  We (and by "we" I mean my husband because I am too much of a scaredy cat) are working on trying to get all his hours in so he can get his license hopefully BEFORE he turns 17.  Then Lego Man informed me that in a year and a half he gets his permit.  NOOOO!!!  STOP!!!!  Where DOES the time go?!

We have also been preparing Pilot for the ACT test in a couple weeks. 

Firefighter, has made some decisions about his career and is making strides in that.  He wanted "something" else along with the firefighting/paramedics.  He has decided he wants to do care flight medic as well as working part time for his station.  He has researched what he has to do to get there and is working that direction.  I am proud of his ambitions, and that he is working towards them!  He is a hard worker and loves what he is doing!  That was important to me and one thing I tried to teach them.   To go after a job they would love!

We are still house hunting...there appears to be some starting to show up again.  We knew that there would be more in the spring.  We also have another bit of info we are waiting on to help with that process.  Praying for that info to receive a speedy process.

While waiting, I have been working on organizing my pictures.  I am SOOO far behind in my scrapbooking.  I think I finally have them all organized, now to print them.  Doing a little at a time until I get them all.  Hopefully I will have a craft room soon and it will be so much easier to get them scrapped. 

I think that catches you up on the life here where the Kegs (as some of our friends affectionately call us) are,

No comments:

Post a Comment