Labels

Friday, October 3, 2014

TGIF

I have decided since Friday is the day of reckoning...I would make Friday's post about the previous weeks progress.

I kept hearing a lot about THM and seeing multiple posts about different ones on Facebook.  My first thought was "Oh it's just another crazy diet."  But after being in a friends home and briefly hearing her story, and glancing through her book, I decided I wanted to read it for myself.  So I purchased the Trim Healthy Mama book
Now let me say...at this point I had pretty much resigned myself to just being the way I am forever.  Nothing works, it's too hard, the way I have to feed the boys, so on and so on. 

I started reading this book and I was crying before I finished the first chapter!  I so found myself!  This makes sooo much sense!  I was starting to feel hope again!  I will admit it was overwhelming at first and kind of hard for me to figure out how to get started.  It was suggested to me to just start with one meal, breakfast, for a week then the next week add another and so on until I was fully on plan, but if I was going to do it, it was going to be all or nothing.  That made it very overwhelming to me.  Looking back I probably should have taken the advice I was given, but I'm pretty much there now. 
 
Now I will be the first to tell you I DO NOT follow every single thing to the letter.  There are some things that I just can't do, or don't like, but the principle I try to follow as much as I can.
 
Anywho...I started the next week and for the first time ever my husband said he was going to follow the plan with me.  Now he "cheats" more often than I do, but he 80% following it and that's a MAJOR encouragement to me! 
 
We have been on the plan for about 5 weeks, and with a couple of hard weeks in there, I have lost 9.4 lbs.  I've been kind of stuck there for a couple weeks, but from what I am reading/hearing that is normal.  Your body has to heal.  However, I am telling a difference in my clothing, so I know something is working.  AND  I FEEL SOOO MUCH BETTER! 

I'm not ready to disclose my starting weight (it's very embarrassing to me).  But maybe when I lose enough...(huhumm)  I will feel more comfortable sharing that info.  I feel excited and hopeful for the first time in a very long time! 
 
It has taken me years to get in this shape and it won't "fix" overnight. 
 
One of the things I was concerned about being hard, was giving up potatoes...white potatoes.  I LOVE potatoes!  (These can be added back in occasionally after you reach goal so don't freak out.)  But I have found some satisfying replacements. 
 
That is going to be my THM tip for this week.  Cauliflower is an awesome replacement!  I made "mashed cauliflower" twice this week and I love it!  Even had gravy on it!  My hubby loved it as well!  They boys are like "are you serious?"  But only one of them has tried it and he loved it as well!  I cooked the cauli until it was soft.  Then I put butter (yes you can eat real butter!) in my kitchen aid mixer, put in the cauli, a spoonful of sour cream, and then added unsweetened almond milk until it was the consistency I wanted.  Now the mashed cauli won't be creamy like potatoes, they have a "funny texture", but it tastes wonderful!  I was so excited!
 
Today my scales are still stuck, but I put on a skirt today that the last time I wore it (around the house) it was probably a little "vulgar looking".  LOL  Today it fits perfectly!  This excites me!  So the scales may not be dropping like I would like to see, but I feel so much better, and apparently the inches are falling off...(I only do measurements once a month and weigh once a week.)  That is good! :)  Last week was measurement day, and I had lost a total of 3".
 
Hope you all enjoy your weekend!  If you want to follow this plan I strongly encourage you to purchase this book...at the least...check it out at your library, then purchase it!  You can purchase it here.
 
The Kegley Krew is losing (pounds and inches), but still,

No comments:

Post a Comment