Labels

Wednesday, October 1, 2014

Transformation Tuesday

Hi!  It is October already!  My how time has flown this year! 

Today I am going to post last week's project!

I purchased this at a yard sale over the summer...and just now got to refinishing it!

 I fell in love with it because it was square...different than the coffee table most people have in their homes.  I like "different than everyone else" ;)

Now to get to work,
1st step...was sanding the whole thing.
Then I put a coat of primer on it.  Then began the painting, Ivory Cream.  I painted until there was no longer "show through"  I lost count of how many coats...since it was a dark piece and I was going to light, it took more paint.  Then 3 coats of polyurethane.  Here is the finished product!

 Still needs the knobs put on, but I want to buy new ones.  It is still setting in the garage "curing".  Needs to "cure" for about a month until it can really be used...Secretly...I want to just save it for my new house...whenever that might be. :)

I have a pretty good idea how I want to use it in the room, and will try to post a pic when that day comes.

And here is a before and after together!
'
 
Have a blessed day!  Thanks for stopping by!
 
The Kegley's are still,


No comments:

Post a Comment