Labels

Friday, December 12, 2014

Friday Weigh In

Yes, I am still doing THM.  Life has been so crazy busy it has been hard for me to get on here and post!  Some days I'm like, "wait!  Just stop for a few minutes!"  Things just keep happening!  For example, Tuesday...I had my day all planned out.  I was going to get all my baking done.  I had to briefly leave to go visit a sweet new momma and her baby at the hospital.  (And I'm so glad I did...for various reasons.)  Of course I held that sweet baby!
While I was out, someone had contacted me that a couple older Saints wanted to come by and see the boys before we left the next day for an appt. in another state...5.5 hours away.  I had gotten home got the butter in my mixing bowl, and the door bell rang.  These 2 sisters just love my boys for some reason!  LOL  They actually stayed and visited for quite a while, which was nice and sweet, but needless to say I did not get done everything I had planned.  Oh well...
 
Today I am hoping to get the baking done...guess what!  I just got a text...a dessert order for TONIGHT!  MAYBE I won't get mine done today!  LOL 
 
Rewind.....bbbzzzzzttttt...ok...WEIGH IN:  I've lost a total of 14.8 lbs!  I had hoped to hit the 15 mark today because my 10's digit would have gone down a number but it is stubbornly stuck at the .2!  I have a strong suspicion that I have Candida...(The home test came back positive, so I am trying really hard to not eat any sugar/carbs until Christmas day. (Yes and people keep wanting desserts...LOL).  But I'm also doing some other Candida fighting supplements.
I am feeling better so that's what matters!
 
Since I already mentioned it, I guess I should give a brief update on the boys.  They did have a checkup/clinic appointment on Wednesday.  Both their PFT's were good...at baseline for them.  Which was a huge relief since Pilot's was SO bad last time!  Dr. could hear a little junk in his lungs, but felt we could just do a round of oral antibiotics for now. 
 
The most exciting part of the visit...He gained 14 lbs!!!!!!!  He is now in the 42nd%ile with his BMI.  Goal is 50th%ile...the highter their BMI the better their lung function.  But the absolute most exciting thing????  For 11 years they have fussed and fussed and fussed about LegoMan's weight.  They pressured us for a g-tube and everything over the years.  We kept putting them off...we really just didn't want to go that route!  For one thing he didn't look unhealthy, and he was eating like crazy.  For another, the males in my husbands family were always "small" until they hit puberty and then they seemed to take off overnight.  I really wasn't concerned, but the dr's look at numbers...and they have to report numbers.  I didn't care about what it looked like on paper...to me that's a dumb reason to do some things.  Anyway, any of you that know LegoMan know this dude has grown like a weed out of control over the last year.  But height with no weight only makes BMI look terrible.  We have been praying, the Saints have been praying...This visit, I don't know exactly how much he gained, but LegoMan hit the 54th%ile!  EVERYONE was so excited!  The dr. was hugging me, and asking "what did you all do?  Tell us so we can share it with others."  Well, I believe prayer is the biggest thing!  God has always helped these sweet boys.  We have beefed up the exercise which also causes them to eat more.  Anyway!  It was an awesome answer to prayer!  A decade of struggling and resisting the dr.s (in all fairness, only one of the 3 Dr.s was very pushy...we have been extremely fortunate and blessed with great dr.s that listen to the parents, and children...hence the reason we chose to keep driving the 5.5 hours to keep seeing them!) 
 
Anytime they have a significant weight gain, the clinic issues them Walmart gift cards.  The Dr. told them they were the only ones that got gift cards that day! LOL  We are thankful!
 
Need to go get busy on my order and baking for the day!
 
Still,


No comments:

Post a Comment