Labels

Tuesday, December 16, 2014

The Boys

Growing up in a house of MOSTLY females...my brothers had to endure a lot of "girl talk".  Well now in a home of being the ONLY female, I am having to endure laugh my way through a lot of "boy talk"!  ...well this post is totally "boy talk"...CONSIDER YOURSELF WARNED!!! 

One day last week, school (college) was out, no clinicals, no work hours...and Firefighter was b-o-r-e-d!  So what does he do when he is bored?  Picks on everyone...esp. his little brother!  (In all fairness, LegoMan often comes "asking" for it, and enjoys it...the testosterone levels in this house are out of control...lol!)  Firefighter was giving LegoMan Charlie horses all day long.  (If you kick or punch someone hard enough on the outside of their upper thigh you can give them a Charlie horse...I did not teach you that!) ;)  Well, since my boys are ALL BOY, it becomes a contest to see who can catch the other off guard and cramp their leg!  Well LegoMan seemed to be the target this day.

I do not know how many times it had happened, and every time LegoMan would try to get Firefighter back, but was being unsuccessful.   After a while LegoMan disappeared.  He comes in from the garage in a few minutes sporting a pair of knee pads...with the pads on the outside of his upper thigh.  We were dying at this point.  Too funny!  I grab my phone, b/c this needs a pic.  He catches me before I could get the picture and tries to hurriedly take them off.  In the process of taking them off so quickly he gets them turned around so the pad is on the inside of his leg. 


About this time Pilot walks into the room.  Following conversation takes place.  (everyone is laughing...)
Pilot:  Why are you wearing knee pads on the inside of your leg?!
Firefighter:  He's never heard of a cup.
LegoMan:  I know what a cup is.
Firefighter:  What's another name for a cup?
LegoMan:  It's a crotch protector.
Firefighter:  crotch protector...it's called a jockey strap.
Mom:  You know to protect the boys...(pause...) You do know what the boys are, right!?
Firefighter: (at the same time as mom) you know your DNA...genes...your future...
LegoMan:  The boys...yes, if you are talking about Firefighter, Pilot and me...yes I know what the boys are.

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA  UNCONTROLLABLE LAUGHTER....OH MY GOODNESS!  ARE YOU SO SERIOUS.  Laughter so hard, mom is sitting on the floor in front of the fridge with tears streaming down her face.  Firefighter is punching his own leg, Pilot...I don't know.  We were all laughing so hard. 

Poor LegoMan seriously had no idea.  He had never heard it referred to as that.  He was a really good sport about the whole thing.  We did decide, however, that it was probably time for him and his dad to have a chat...bless his heart!

In all seriousness though, I am so grateful for his innocence!  One of the blessings of homeschooling...they can keep their innocence a little longer.  He is a tender, sweet, fun loving boy and I love it!  I hate that it's time (probably past time) for his father/son "chat".  I want him to keep that innocence...They grow up so fast!  He still enjoys his legos...I hope he does for a long time yet!  But I am afraid...this is the first Christmas he didn't give me a long list of legos that he wanted.  In fact, in his initial list he never even mentioned them to me.  I was so sad.  I looked at my husband...about to cry and said, "this is the first Christmas that none of our boys asked for toys"...I mean like toys to sit on the floor and play with toys.  Yes they all asked for "toys"...bigger toys, but you know what I mean.  Eventually LegoMan came to me and said, "I want this lego set."  You so know I got online and bought that thing like right now! 

Bittersweet,

No comments:

Post a Comment