Labels

Tuesday, December 23, 2014

White Elephant

I told you yesterday that I would do a separate post on the White Elephant game...Well here it is.  :)

How to play:
A $$ amount is set and everyone brings a gift in that amount.  Example:  Ours was set at $5.  Everyone that wanted to participate was to bring a $5 gift...wrapped.

Everyone's names are put in a jar/hat/bowl/cup.  A name is drawn.  That person picks a gift and unwraps it.  The next name is drawn.  2nd person can either choose another gift to unwrap or may take the gift from another person and give them a new gift to unwrap.  And so on, until every name has been drawn.  Our family goes through all the names twice.  The second time everyone knows everything that is out there.  It's a lot of fun.

Well, this year I decided to do "gag" gifts.  I attached chocolate to most of them so they still got "something".  For some reason (I think I was in a hurry) I failed to take pics of what I done.

1.  Put batteries in a bag, with a sign that said, "Gift not included."
2.  Put bubble wrap in a bag with a note that said, "Stress relief, pop 3 bubbles every 4-6 hours or as needed.  If symptoms persist see your physician."
3.  Put dry beans in a container with a label that said, "Bubble Bath, make your own bubbles."  I attached a bottle of tobacco sauce to it.
4.  I went to Lowes and asked them if I could possibly get about a 1/2 a sandwich bag of sawdust. (I even took a baggie to put it in) "OF COURSE!"  But of course they were curious.  I told them what I was going to do with it and they were dying!  They thought it was hilarious!  I attached a label that said, "Expert Level Jigsaw Puzzle".  Now what is even more funny about this is, my husband ended up with it, and didn't even realize we were the ones that took it!  BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA!  I had even asked him last week if he had any sawdust or knew if Lowes would give me some.  He had worked like 56 hours and was so tired he didn't even remember me asking.  So I now have this baggie of sawdust...I should make someone make something out of it and take it back to Lowes!  LOL

And last but not least...gift number 5.  Pilot, my inventor, made this one...I had shown him this pic a few weeks ago...

Of course he thought it was hilarious, and his uncle, jokingly said, you should make one out of roller skates.  Well that got Pilot's mind going...and here is what he came up with:






I love this kids brain!  He's hilarious!  Then of course you seen yesterday where my cousin got this gift...(my brother actually ended up with it.)

The other thing my family does is vote on the best, most creative, or whatever gift and the person that brought it wins a prize...any guesses on who won the $25 gift card for Texas Roadhouse?  Yep...Pilot!  Unanimous vote!  LOL  I told him he could take him mom on a date...he said, "I'm saving it for my first date."  Mom:  It will be expired by then!  LOL
 
Enjoy our life of,



No comments:

Post a Comment